Museum Receives Provincial FundingAugust 30, 2021
Announces successful project from the Rural Economic Development Program
NORTH BAY – MPP Vic Fedeli was successful in obtaining $10,950 for the Bickle Fire Engine restoration project of the North Bay Museum. The funding is coming from the Ontario Rural Economic Development (RED) program.
“The RED program supports projects with tangible benefits to rural and Indigenous communities that help to attract business and investment and create jobs, while also providing greater value for taxpayer dollars,” said Vic Fedeli, MPP for Nipissing.
This is one of more than 60 projects the Ontario government is supporting to help diversify local economies, retain skilled workers and create jobs in communities like the City of North Bay. The Province is committing a total of $5 million in cost-share funding in this latest intake of the RED program.
In addition, the Ontario government is committing $5 million in cost-share funding under the next intake of the RED program to help rural communities implement additional economic growth plans to address the economic impacts of COVID-19. The new RED intake opened today.
Ontario’s Rural Economic Development (RED) program will allow rural communities to better respond to the local economic impacts of the pandemic, by supporting actions that will address barriers to economic development, and better position rural communities for economic growth and job creation.
Economic growth in rural and Indigenous communities during COVID-19 is part of the government’s plan to get every region of Ontario back on track so they can create jobs, opportunity and prosperity for everyone.
- Municipalities, not-for-profit entities, Ontario Indigenous communities and organizations, and local services boards are eligible for the Rural Economic Development program.
- The RED program offers two project streams:
- Economic Diversification and Competitiveness: Projects that remove barriers to business and job growth, attract investment, attract or retain a skilled workforce, strengthen sector and regional partnerships and diversify regional economies.
- Strategic Economic Infrastructure: Minor capital projects that advance economic development and investment opportunities
- Rural Economic Development program