Nipissing Volunteers Received Volunteer Service AwardJune 1, 2021
NIPSSING – Nipissing MPP Vic Fedeli is pleased to announce that this Spring, the Ontario government recognized the outstanding contributions of 80 local volunteers who received the 2020 Ontario Volunteer Service Award.
“The incredible efforts of these individuals and organizations improve the lives of everyone in Nipissing,” said Vic Fedeli, MPP Nipissing. “This has been a challenging year for our communities and our province – but we are so proud of our local volunteers who continue to strengthen our community.”
The Ontario Volunteer Service Awards recognizes individuals for continuous years of volunteer service at a single organization such as hospitals, seniors centres and community associations. Volunteers contribute to a wide range of services in Ontario, including supporting seniors and adults through Meals on Wheels, building up communities through local Lions Clubs, and much more.
Ontario also thanks the volunteers who tirelessly and selflessly risked, and continue to risk, their lives to support their communities during the COVID-19 outbreak. The province of Ontario encourages everyone to recognize an exceptional volunteer for their efforts by nominating them for a Volunteer Service Award or the June Callwood Outstanding Achievement Award for Voluntarism. Visit Ontario’s website for more information or to nominate an exceptional volunteer or volunteer organization.
- This year, 6,658 volunteers from across the province are receiving the Ontario Volunteer Service Award.
- Since 1986, more than 250,000 volunteers have been recognized through the Ontario Volunteer Service Award.
- Adult volunteers are recognized for five to 65+ years of continuous service in five-year increments.
- Youth volunteers are recognized for two or more years of continuous service.
- Find out how to nominate a volunteer for the Ontario Volunteer Service Award
- Learn more about volunteering in Ontario