Ontario Doubles Investment in the Franco-Ontarian Community and its Economic DevelopmentMay 31, 2021
$2M will help support Francophone businesses and not-for-profit community organizations
Nipissing – Vic Fedeli, MPP for Nipissing is pleased to announce the application period for the 2021-2022 edition of the Francophone Community Grants Program in support of community organizations, social enterprises and businesses that contribute significantly to the vitality of Ontario’s Francophone community. Applications open Thursday, May 27, 2021.
“By doubling the funding for the Francophone Community Grants Program, we will help even more local groups that contribute to the success of Ontario’s Francophonie,” said Vic Fedeli, MPP for Nipissing. “I encourage you to share this news with someone in Nipissing who could benefit from the grant!”
“This year, we have doubled the funding for this meaningful program in order to support more initiatives and organizations that serve the French-speaking community,” said Caroline Mulroney, Minister of Francophone Affairs. “I encourage everyone to submit projects that will strengthen Ontario’s Francophonie.”
This year’s total annual allocation of $2 million will help support more projects that will:
- Strengthen the capacity of organizations and/or businesses to provide products and services to Francophones in the province;
- Promote the recruitment and/or training of bilingual francophone staff; and,
- Provide opportunities to celebrate and foster understanding of Ontario’s Francophonie.
This program supports non-profit organizations delivering local French-language social and community support services or working in cultural and economic-development sectors, as well as small businesses serving French-speaking communities. It aims to improve customer service, strengthen or expand front-line services, support education and training, and boost community outreach to the Franco-Ontarian community.
Applicants are invited to submit proposals that will deliver concrete results on a local, regional or provincial level.
- Applications must be submitted through the Transfer Payment Ontario portal. Applications are open from May 27 to July 15, 2021 and projects must be implemented between Sept 24, 2021 and March 31, 2022.
- Ontario is investing $2 million through the Francophone Community Grants Program in 2021-2022.
- Not-for profit organizations and businesses that serve or target Francophone communities in the province are eligible.