Fedeli Announces Non-Profits FundingDecember 23, 2020
Nipissing – Today, Nipissing MPP Fedeli announced that $267,400 has been awarded through the Ontario Trillium Foundation’s Resilient Community Fund to three local organizations, to facilitate their recovery from COVID-19.
“Non-profit organizations are a crucial and valued part of any community, especially here in Nipissing,” said MPP Fedeli. “Countless people rely on their services every day, and even in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, they still deliver.”
Local recipients include:
• $148,000 for Physically Handicapped Adults’ Rehabilitation Association (PHARA)
• $71,600 for Low Income People Involvement of Nipissing (LIPI)
• $47,800 for the Near North Palliative Care Network
The Resilient Communities Fund provides grants of up to $150,000 to help eligible non-profit organizations. They can apply for a broad and flexible range of needs, such as mental and physical health and wellbeing supports for staff or volunteers, identifying new health and safety processes, or purchasing new technology and personal protective equipment. The fund will also provide grants to support capital needs, such as renovations and facility updates to meet the changing needs of the communities they serve.
“PHARA is very grateful that our application to the Ontario Trillium Foundation has been approved, and we are also very grateful for the positive effects it will have for our staff and clients in the North Bay area as we move forward to overcome the effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic,” said Mike Van der Vlist, CEO of PHARA.
“As Executive Director of a grassroots organization that provides direct human services, I cannot tell you how amazing it is to receive this grant. It will provide LIPI with much needed resources to begin a process of transformation to better serve our community,” said Lana Mitchell – Executive Director of Low Income People Involvement of Nipissing (L.I.P.I.). We live in unprecedented times. And as we work together, rebuild together, we at LIPI are eager to roll up our sleeves and join forces with local and provincial partners to find solutions, provide support and most of all, protect the vulnerable in our society. So thank you OTB! We are incredibly grateful for this opportunity to practice what we preach. Resiliency.”
- The Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF) is an agency of the Government of Ontario, and one of Canada’s leading granting foundations. OTF awarded $115 million to 645 projects last year to build healthy and vibrant communities in Ontario.
- OTF has redirected provincial funding previously allocated for the 2020 Grow and Capital grant streams into the $83-million Resilient Communities Fund
- 2020 Ontario Budget/Ontario’s Action Plan: Protect, Support, Recover
- Visit Ontario’s website to learn more about how the province continues to protect Ontarians from COVID-19.