$1 Million in Funding for Area HospitalsSeptember 14, 2020
North Bay – The Ontario government is investing $175 million this year to address critical upgrades, repairs and maintenance in 129 hospitals across the province, including $50 million for COVID-19 related and other urgent projects
Today, Vic Fedeli, MPP for Nipissing, announced that Ontario is providing over $1,000,000 of funding for 2020 and 2021, through the Health Infrastructure Renewal Fund. Hospitals receiving funding as part of this investment include:
- North Bay Regional Health Centre – $434,386
- Mattawa General Hospital – $283,020
- West Nipissing General Hospital/Hopital General de Nipissing Ouest – $333,933
“These investments will help area hospitals maintain their infrastructure and ensure a safe and comfortable environment for patients to receive care,” said MPP Fedeli. “Maintaining hospital infrastructure is another example of how our government is ensuring that the constituents of Nipissing have access to health care services they can depend on, especially during these unprecedented times.”
“NBRHC is highly appreciative of this infrastructure investment which helps maintain our various care delivery sites,” said Paul Heinrich, President and CEO for the NBRHC. “Today’s announcement strengthens our Health Centre as we continue to serve on the critical front line of the battle against COVID-19.”
As the government continues to work toward bringing Ontario’s world class health care system into the 21st century, this funding will help hospitals address urgent issues such as upgrades or replacement of roofs, windows, security systems, backup generators and fire alarms. Projects will also support the hospitals in their ongoing response to COVID-19, such as updating HVAC systems to enhance patient and staff safety, creating additional isolation space and negative air pressure flow rooms to increase capacity and enhancing infection prevention and control measures.
- Ontario is investing an additional $7.4 million to address ongoing urgent and/or emergent infrastructure renewal needs for community health service providers who met specific criteria on a priority basis, through the Community Infrastructure Renewal Fund.
- Improving Health Care in Ontario
- Hallway Health Care: A System Under Strain
- Visit Ontario’s website to learn more about how the province continues to protect the people of Ontario from COVID-19
For more information, contact: