Seniors Community Grant Applications Being AcceptedOctober 10, 2017
QUEEN’S PARK – Nipissing MPP Vic Fedeli announced today the Ministry of Seniors Affairs is now inviting applications for the fifth annual Seniors Community Grant Program.
If you represent an incorporated organization and have an idea for a larger-scale project, a new stream with grants of up to $100,000 is available for the first time this year.
Applicants must represent seniors’ groups or offer programs or services that directly benefit Ontario seniors. There are three types of grants:
- Grants for individuals who represent seniors’ groups, unincorporated or incorporated not-for-profit organizations, local services boards, municipalities or Indigenous groups that are incorporated.
- Grant amount: From $1,000 to $3,000.
- Grants for not-for-profit organizations that have been incorporated for at least one year, such as local services boards, municipalities or Indigenous groups.
- Grant amount: From $3,000 to $12,000.
- Grants for organizations that have been incorporated for more than two years. This can also include organizations that receive funding from the province of Ontario such as Community Health Centres, Family Health Teams, colleges and universities.
- Grant amount: Up to $100,000.
The deadline to apply all grants is 5:00 p.m. EST on Thursday, November 30, 2017.