FEDELI ANNOUNCES TRILLIUM GRANT FUNDINGApril 8, 2016
NORTH BAY – Nipissing MPP Vic Fedeli has announced that $1,247,400 has been awarded through the Ontario Trillium Foundation to several local groups aimed at fostering economic and social development in communities across Nipissing.
Fedeli made the announcement today at the North Bay and District Chamber of Commerce, which is receiving $75,000 to review and assess methods of ensuring a sustainable walleye fishery in Lake Nipissing.
“This funding will allow for an independent, third party perspective on issues affecting the walleye fishery to ensure we chart a prudent, science-based course forward,” says Fedeli.
Other grants included:
- $700,300 for the Near North Mobile Media Lab to establish low-barrier digital creator spaces for youth in six communities across northern Ontario.
- $150,000 for North Bay Granite Club to renovate, resurface, and rebuild six tennis courts.
- $128,000 for the Big Brothers Big Sisters of North Bay and District to expand “Big Bunch”, a mentoring program creating positive opportunities for children and youth, and also towards creating a Youth in Care program to support the positive development of at-risk youth.
- $80,600 for the Township of Chisholm to construct an accessible pavilion, improving the recreation activities available.
- $58,400 for the White Water Gallery to create the Outsider Art collective to launch an anti-stigma campaign.
- $55,100 for the Discovery Routes Trails Organization to create the capacity and collaboration needed to develop the proposed 380 kilometre Voyageur Cycling Route.