LOCAL SENIORS CENTRES RECEIVE FUNDINGSeptember 2, 2015
NORTH BAY – More than $115,000 in grant funding has been approved for four
facilities serving Nipissing seniors, MPP Fedeli announced today.
The Ontario Seniors’ Secretariat has approved 2015-16 Elderly Persons Centre budgets
for the following facilities:
- $42,700 in maintenance and operating funding for the North Bay Golden Age
Club plus a special grant of $11,546.18;
- $32,000 in a maintenance and operating grant for the Mattawa Senior Citizens
- $19,000 in a maintenance and operating grant for the Municipality of East Ferris
plus a special grant of $1,308.57; and
- $9,277 in maintenance and operating funding for the Callander Elderly Persons
Centre (Royal Canadian Legion Branch 445).
“Our seniors play such a vital role in our communities. It’s imperative that we provide the
resources necessary to enable them to continue sharing their valuable time, skills and
knowledge in meaningful ways,” said Fedeli.
For more information, or to arrange an interview, contact:
(705) 474-8340 or (416) 710-1752