$318,000 Investment for Local Non-ProfitsApril 3, 2023
Resilient Communities Funding to support the delivery if vital services
NIPISSING – Vic Fedeli, MPP for Nipissing announced that the Ontario government is investing $317,900 to three area non-profit organizations through the Ontario Trillium Foundation’s Community Resilient Fund, so they can deliver the best service possible and ensure our community will have ready access to their programming.
“The Ontario Trillium Foundation has a mandate to build healthy and vibrant communities throughout Ontario by strengthening the capacity of the non-profit sector through investment in community-based initiatives,” said MPP Fedeli. “We believe that non-profit organizations like the PADDLE Program, The Gathering Place and Mattawa Legion enrich the lives of people in Nipissing, while playing an important role in building a strong and prosperous Ontario economy.”
Local recipients include:
- $200,000 for the PADDLE Program. Funding will be used to recover and build resiliency from impacts of COVID-19 by hiring a Sustainability Officer and a Transition Coordinator to implement new sustainability and transition plans and support an inclusive program for isolated individuals.
- $65,000 for The Gathering Place. Funding will be used to recover and build resiliency from impacts of COVID-19 by providing meals to in-home seniors who experience food insecurities and providing training and supports for staff, volunteers, and clients.
- $52,900 for Mattawa Legion Branch 254. Funding will be used to recover and build resiliency from impacts of COVID-19 by purchasing and installing new kitchen equipment, lounge furniture and computer/photocopier equipment to increase services for Veterans and the whole community.
“We are so grateful to be given the opportunity to grow The PADDLE Program. This funding will allow us to get fiscally stronger and support more people with developmental disabilities and their families and caregivers in our community.” – Lori Venasse, President, The PADDLE Program
“This funding will definitely support our Outreach project to continue to deliver over 600 weekly meals to those who have trouble accessing our kitchen for regular meals but are still working through post-Pandemic Food insecurity issues. As well, the training and supports will be able to assist in the social, psychological, and mental health impacts the pandemic has had for not only those who use the kitchen, but those who serve them.” – Dennis Chippa, Executive Director, The Gathering Place
“We are so excited to have this Internet cafe active and to have new equipment in the kitchen to better serve our community.” – Ginette Dupuis, Treasurer, Mattawa Legion 254
The Resilient Communities Fund provides grants of up to $200,000 to eligible non-profit organizations to recover and build capacity, resilience, and sustainability. Grants support organizations as they:
- develop new approaches to generate revenue
- start new activities to meet community need
- adjust strategies and plans
- plan for future challenges
The Ontario Trillium Fund has supported thousands of community organizations over four decades to strengthen the social and economic fabric of Ontario. For a full list of grant recipients and grant information, please visit https://otf.ca/.