$5.5 Million from Ontario for Local Film and TelevisionSeptember 11, 2020
North Bay – The Ontario government is creating jobs and developing local talent in Nipissing region’s film and television industry.
Today, Vic Fedeli, MPP for Nipissing announced an investment of over $5.5 million to four companies through the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation (NOHFC).
“During this period of recovery from the COVID-19 global outbreak, our government is committed to strengthening the film and television industry, here in the North Bay area and across Northern Ontario,” said Vic Fedeli, MPP for Nipissing. “This investment will drive economic prosperity and job growth in the region.”
• $3 million for Hideaway Pictures Inc. to produce, in and around Powassan, season two of the television series When Hope Calls
• $1.5 million for Hideaway Pictures Inc. to produce, in and around North Bay, the television movies Crossword Mysteries 3, Crossword Mysteries 4 and Crossword Mysteries 5
• $500,000 for HP Christmas D Productions Inc. to produce, in and around North Bay, the television movie Too Close For Christmas
• $462,628 for Mythic Trips Entertainment Corp. to produce, in and around North Bay, the feature film Flee The Light
• $122,457 for Post Production North in North Bay to expand its current service offerings to include digital descriptive video. Digital descriptive video is the vocal description of the action and visuals taking place in between dialogue in a movie or television show.
“As we focus on recovery, our government is proud to make targeted investments in growing and emerging sectors, such as the north’s film and television industry,” said Greg Rickford, Minister of Energy, Northern Development and Mines. “Today’s investments will help stimulate employment opportunities and economic diversification and development.”
For more information, contact: